Vast horizons, expansive views and endless waterways are explored in the group show “Land, Sea, Sky“ at ArtProv Gallery, a contemporary gallery located in the Jewelry District at 150 Chestnut Street. The show runs through November 4.
The works in “Land, Sea, Sky” depict both the majesty of the natural world and its solitude through the use of shape, texture, color and light. The show features landscapes by:
• Karen Rand Anderson, whose recent work reflects an abstracted, energetic investigation of place
• Jeanne Tangney, an artist who creates almost all of her work with pastels for their unlimited variety of color and effects
• Michelle Courier, who applies her mastery of color in her vibrant, contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings
• Nick Paciorek, a contemporary artist who explores the landscape through hyped-up color in oils
• Jana Matusz, a painter whose works are about strength: strong composition, strong color, strong feeling
• Nina Weiss, a landscape artist inspired by the power of the Midwest’s landscapes and love of color
• Ewa Romaszewicz, who creates personal and invented skyscapes, landscapes and nightscapes that communicate a psychological state of mind
For the week of October 29, gallery hours are Wednesday - Friday, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Saturday, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.